Located near the fast-paced hub of the City & creative buzz of Holbeck Urban Village. The Mint is constructed over ground & seven upper floors arranged around a covered naturally ventilated central atrium.The Mint benefits from its immediate accessibility to the motorway whilst affording occupiers easily accessible pedestrianised access to the City Centre amenities & the new southern entrance to Leeds Mainline Railway Station.
The office accommodation within The Mint is arranged around a dramatic light filled central atrium.
The Mint is constructed from high quality natural materials. Principally, the building envelope features Jura beige limestone masonry complemented by flamed and polished granite, zinc panelling and large areas of curtain wall glazing to flood the building with daylight. The facade combines the timeless quality required of a landmark building with contemporary style.
JUST AS MUCH
AS ITS EXTERIOR
The office space affords the benefit of column free triple aspect accommodation whilst the internal aspect overlooks the full height atrium & offers maximum flexibility for occupier fit-out in either an open plan format or as cellular offices or a combination of the two.
- Impressive seven storey glazed feature entrance hall and reception.
- Internal atrium courtyard.
- Flexible individual floor plates of up to 1,488 sq.m (16,012 sq.ft.).
- 2.8m finished floor to ceiling height.
- Energy efficient active chilled beam system cooling.
- 100% raised access floors with minimum 50mm clear void.
- 4 x 16 person lifts serving all floors, with two being fully glazed to internal courtyard.
- Solar panel domestic hot water pre-heating system.
- “Excellent” Breeam energy efficiency rating.
- Fully DDA compliant.
- Shower facilities.
- Secure basement cycle parking facility.
- 65 secure basement car parking spaces.
Energy efficiency is built into the fabric of The Mint. From innovative lighting and heating systems to improved thermal insulation of the building leading to fewer carbon emissions and reduced running costs.
As environmental issues become increasingly important, major institutions and occupiers are demanding energy efficient buildings providing a quality work environment.
The Mint offers ‘Grade A’ office accommodation.
The Mint has been designed as a headquarters building aimed at prestige occupiers and has been designed in accordance with sustainable building principles being:
- Life Cycle Impact
- Future Flexibility
- Energy Efficiency
- Low Maintenance/Long Life Span
The following sustainable development criteria have been included within the building:
- Passive infra red lighting control to internal offices.
- High frequency luminaries.
- Internal and external lighting levels (in lux) as recommended by CIBSE.
- Metering in full compliance with L2 with direct sub metering of substantive energy uses within the building.
- Minimal maintenance active Chilled Beam system cooling with fresh air quantities greater than the minimum recommended by the BCO Guidelines.
- Chilled Beam installation designed for thermal zoning for flexibility of operation.
- Solar panel domestic hot water pre-heating system.
- Energy performance asset rating of Band B.
- Heat recovery in main air handling units.
- Zero ozone depleting refrigerant gas in chillers.
- Improved Air Leakage over the current Building Regulation requirement.
- Installation of water meter with pulsed output together with major leak detection.
- Installation of low water consumption sanitary ware and cisternmiser PIR control.
- Careful selection of the external building envelope materials in relation to energy efficiency, long life span and low maintenance.
- Improved thermal insulation of the building envelope over the current Building Regulation requirements.
- High performance external green tinted glazing installation with up to 65% daylight transmission. Installation customised to building orientation.
- Generous 2.8m floor to ceiling height with an overall clear width of approximately 16 meters to internal offices.
- Adequate provision of floor to ceiling space in basement to facilitate car stacking if required and installation of customised backup power generators to suit tenant’s requirements.
- The building is located with good access to and from public transport networks for business travel and commuting.
- Substantial secure cycle parking on site.
- Provision of dedicated bin store for recyclable materials.
- Implementation of Considerate Contractors Scheme during construction phase of the building.
THE PLACE LOCATED
AMONGST THE BUZZ
Named as the “coolest corner in Leeds” (Yorkshire Evening Post), the Holbeck area has asserted itself as a successful and unique destination to work, live and socialise, of particular appeal to the creative industries. With all the benefits of the City on the doorstep, it creates a village feel within asustainable community taking full advantage of the character of Leeds’ heritage.
The Mint is also closely located to Granary Wharf and all its bars and restaurants as well as the southern entrance of Leeds City Station set to be complete by the end of 2015.
Situated on Sweet Street in the ever-flourishing Holbeck Urban Village, The Mint has excellent transport links with it being just minutes away from Leeds City Station, the M1, M621 and M62 motorways. Car parking facilities are in abundance with public car parking on your doorstep plus the provision for parking in the underground basement.
- Addleshaw Goddard
- Walt Disney
- AON / NHS / Handelsbanken
- Direct Line Group / UKI Partnerships
- ASDA HQ
- DWF/Eversheds / Ernst & Young / BDO
- Jacobs Babtie / Trillium / E.ON / BSkyB
- Hitatchi Capital / Lowell Group / HCIE Ltd
- The Round Foundry
- Bridgewater Place
- Granary Wharf
- Sovereign Square
- City Square
- Brewery Wharf
- Central Park (HS2 Site)
- Apex View
- City Walk
- Leeds City Office Park
- Tesco & Starbucks
- New Southern Entrance
- Marshalls Mill
MISREPRESENTATION ACT: Knight Frank for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property, whose agents they are give notice that: a) all particulars are set out as general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not comprise part of an offer or contract: b) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are given in good faith and are believe to be correct but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. c) no person in the employment of Knight Frank has any authority to make any representation of warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.